Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter Weekend Rewind

     Happy Easter!  We had a great Easter weekend filled with lots of activities and outside time.  Awesome!  Here's the weekend rundown:


  1. We kicked the weekend off with a birthday party for Will, one of my daycare kiddos.  It was held at Antioch Park and the kids had a great time.
  2. After the party we headed to my family Easter gathering out at my grandma's hill.  Mikayla and Noah enjoyed having the Easter egg hunt and of course came home with lots of candy.  It was also good to spend time with the family.  Oh and I made these cute chick cupcakes (with a little of Mike's help) with a recipe that I found from McCormick.  Since I have been making my cupcakes from scratch I found a great recipe here.  And the best buttercream frosting here.  I wanted to take a picture of the ones that I made, but we were a little short on time.  Here is a pic from the web.
P.S.-Mine were not quite as cute, but still turned out great.


3.  Easter morning started off with the kids opening their Easter baskets and then we headed out to church.  The service was a really good one.  They featured a sand artist that was drawing along to a dialog.  It was really neat.
4.  After the service we headed out to Kauffman Stadium (home to the KC Royals) for an Easter egg hunt, family-friendly activities for the kids, and watching the team practice.  It was pretty crowded, but we still had a great time.
5.  We found out that Mike has been accepted to KU's graduate program for a Masters in Information Systems.  He is still waiting to hear from Iowa State prior to making a formal decision, but it looks like he will be starting grad school in the fall.  Yay!  I am so proud of him.

And of course there are some pics...

Waiting in line patiently.  Tried to keep them entertained with Thomas and some bubbles.

Getting ready to run.

No comments:

Post a Comment