Friday, July 30, 2010

Silohuette Pictures with a Twist

     Sooo a while ago I was reading this blog (written by an old friend), more like a simple tutorial, on how to create my own silohuette pictures of my kids.  I thought about it for a while and initially wasn't sure that it fit my style (whatever that is...).  But then I got the Pottery Barnes Kids' catalogue and saw that they were displaying one in color.  The lightbulb went off and I immediately thought that it was more my speed and something that I really wanted to do.  So I thought I was all set and ready to go forth with this simple, crafty project when I saw another photo in a different magazine (I can't remember which one, but I am thinking Family Circle), where they had a background other than white.  I was sure that this time I had the complete, perfect project.  After a few trips to the craft store(s) for paint, frames, and the perfect backgrounds I was set to complete this project.  What do you think?  Now if only they can make it to their final homes...  Guess that will have to be a project for another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment