Monday, August 30, 2010

Happy Birthday to....Me!

     Let's face it, I am not the kind of person who makes a big deal out of my birthday.  The kids' birthdays, yes, but mine, no.  So when my birthday came around last weekend I quietly let it approach.  Mike wanted to get me a laptop for my birthday and we almost bought two.  Anyway, that morning I was half awake when I heard Mikayla reminding Mike that it was mom's birthday.  She insisted on going out and getting me a present.  The fact is that it was way too early for any of the stores to be open and Mike decided to take the kids to a donut shop instead.  Well, I had a few errands to run that morning, so I acknowledged the gesture and continued  on with my errands.  While out I decided that I really did want to something for my birthday, so when I got back home I got the kids ready and we headed to the pool.  After having a lot of fun swimming we came home to relax for a little bit.  I sent Mike out for some cheesecake so that I could enjoy a few moments of peace.  That night was movie night and since it was my birthday I chose to watch The Emperor's New Groove. 
     After the movie was over my sister called and offered us tickets to the Royals game the next day.  I debated whether I wanted to go to the game in the heat but opted to take the tickets anyway.  It was definitely hot, but we kept the kids cool by letting them play in the fountains.  It was also the first time I have ever been on the video board.  The game was a good one, but since it was too hot we decided to leave a little early.  The boys in blue did win though, in extra innings.
     All in all it was a great birthday weekend.  I am still however waiting for that birthday present.  Hint, hint, nudge, nudge.

No comments:

Post a Comment