Saturday, January 22, 2011

Snowman Cupcakes

     Need I say more with a title like that?  Um, yum!  I have really been on the homemade cake/cupcake bend lately.  Once I started making them I pretty much decided I would never buy a store bought cake again.  Don't get me wrong there are still some good cakes out there, but the homemade versions just taste better to me (plus the ideas are limitless).  So with the task of sending Mikayla to school with some treats her birthday I set out to find some cupcakes that were just a little above and beyond the mound of frosting of store bought ones.  Enter these snowman cupcakes. 
I adapted the recipe from here.

1.  Gather ingredients.  Pre-made cupcakes (cooled), white icing, large marshmallows, pretzel sticks, and decorators gel icing in black and orange.

2.  I used a simple white buttercream frosting to ice each of the cupcakes.

3.  Depending on the number of cupcakes you are making, cut in half about a third (12) of the marshmallows.  (If you are only making a dozen, you can simply smoosh one marshmallow for each cupcake.)

4.  Place a whole marshmallow on top of the halved one and stick a pretzel stick through both of them.  Then stick the marshmallows into the cupcakes.

5.  Using the black decorators gel, create eyes and buttons on the snowmen. 


6.  Create a nose using the orange decorators gel.

  Due to the limited space of the box and the fact they were being transported, I eliminated the arms.  So there you have it, an army of snowmen.

No comments:

Post a Comment