Thursday, September 8, 2011

Flying Solo

     With Mike out of town for five days, it was just me and the kids.  I was sure to pack a lot of fun into the weekend with the hopes there would be little mention of missing dad.  I'm guessing I succeeded because even when Mike called the kids were to busy to talk.  It was a "Hi, Bye, got to go do this thing now" conversation.  Friday night I just wanted to relax, so I made it a special movie night and ordered in pizza.  The kids loved it.  Saturday was a lot more active.  We started out with taking Noah to his sports clinic and followed it up with a trip to the home store and the Cars 2 movie {finally}.  After the movie we stopped by home just long enough to eat some lunch before heading to the grocery store and out to my aunt's for a little bbq.  I know I have mentioned it before, but the kids love it out there because they have the freedom to run around {and Noah knows there is a movie waiting just for him}.  It was a great time visiting with family and eating yummy food.  Sunday we went to the grocery store for the week and then just hung out at home.  The kids played while I took care of things around the house.  That night the kids hung up their banner they made for their dad and we headed out to the airport.  Although a little sleepy, both kids were very excited to see their dad.  Monday was such a gorgeous day that I took the kids to the park.  It was a nice end to a very busy weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment