Monday, October 22, 2012

And Then There Were Clowns

     Remember how I mentioned I love fall because there are so many things to do?  We decided to try something a little new this year.  Thanks in part to our pediatrician (who gave us some tickets), we went to The Night of the Living Farm at one of our local petting farms.  It was a night-time event so I was a little afraid of how the kids would do with it just being dark, but that didn't seem to bother them.  With all the people I became the nervous mom and didn't want to let them out of my sight (smart mom I was, I didn't put any identifying things for the night-time).  So I ruined their fun of playing in the dark on the playground sets.  But we did enjoy a mildly spooky tractor pull ride through a forest, roasting marshmallows, a bit of trick-or-treating, and posing with various characters.  After we had gone on the non-spooky hayride, the kids decided they were up for the spooky one.  We made our way over to it, but the line was not worth waiting in.  But we did go to the spooky barn.  This really should have had some warnings on it.  I was expecting maybe some fog machines with some eery sounds and a few skeletons here and there.  Instead there were teenagers dressed up in clown costumes out to really scare people.  Although I couldn't really tell you they were clowns as I had Noah clinging to my neck as I made a beeline for the exit.  After the whole evening, all both the kids could talk about was the scary clowns.  Note to self...check out anything labelled spooky prior to taking kids.  Thankfully no nightmares, although Noah has sworn off the farm.  We came home, had the kids showered, and finished the evening with a movie.
Noah was very excited to see Darth Vader.

She wanted a picture with Marvin the Martian

This was supposed to be the Red Robin mascot,
 but um yea, we'll just call him a Jayhawk.

Not sure what he was doing with his hand/wing here.

No comments:

Post a Comment