Monday, October 15, 2012

Life Goes On...

     O bah dee, O bah dah, Life Goes On...La la la How life goes on...  I just sang that, in my head at least.  Anyway, this fall has definitely proved to be busy.  With both kids and Mike back in school, it seems like we always have something going on.  Our Saturdays are filled with soccer games (which Mikayla is getting pretty good at), and on Sundays we try and fit in anything and everything we couldn't get done during the week.  
     Last weekend I decided to do mini-dates with the kids.  Mikayla had a soccer scrimmage on Friday night and I promised her that after we would attempt to find her a costume.  We stopped and had a quick dinner before we struck out in the costume department at Target (really their selection was bare for anything Mikayla's age).  But just so I wouldn't disappoint her, I agreed that we could stop at Wal-Mart (one of my least favorite places) to see how their selection was.  Thankfully they put the costumes at the front of the store and we were able to find one she liked right away and get out.  She is going to be Hello Kitty (sorry, no photo yet).
     Saturday morning was Noah's turn.  We grabbed some breakfast and were our way.  We had a date with a dog and a Mystery Machine.  Noah was very excited about getting to go and kept asking when he would be able to see Scooby.  I wasn't sure what to expect, but I didn't want to wait too long in line since we would still need to make it to Mikayla's soccer game.  We were one of the first people there and to complete their scavenger hunt.  In return for turning in a completed hunt we got two figurines.  Noah would have stayed there all day long right next to Scooby if I would have let him.  But it was cold and I told him we needed to let other kids have a turn too.  He settled for reading books with a stuffed Scooby.

The travelling Mystery Machine.
Scooby.

Shaggy Noah?

He wasn't quite tall enough to be Velma.

And of course there is Daphne.

We stopped by Old Navy on the way home and he insisted on
getting his picture taken as the fireman.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment