Sunday, January 31, 2010

Dreams and Octopuses

     Lately Mikayla has been waking up and running to tell us her dreams.  It is the cutest thing.  It is also funny because we used to always ask her what she would dream about and she would say that she didn't know.  The latest dream was one where she woke up in the morning and saw princesses and a Dora doll house.  She has wanted a doll house for a while now, but we are trying to using it as a goal object to get her to stop sucking her thumb.  Anyway, the best part is that she always says that it is a dream come true.  I don't think she quite understands what that means but it is still so cute.
     Noah's vocabulary is ever expanding.  But his latest word just makes me smile.  He learned how to say octopus and even identifies it in one of the Dora books we have.  It makes it really cute when he will turn the page in the book and say "octopus, go?"  Then he will turn it back and be all excited and say "there it is."  It makes me sad that he is growing up so fast but I am enjoying the opportunity to be a part of it.
     I don't think I will ever tire of these kids amazing me.

No comments:

Post a Comment