Tuesday, June 22, 2010

A Dino-Mite Party








     My little boy turned two!  He has gone from THIS
to this at ONE
and now he's TWO!


     Okay, okay enough with the reminiscing.  On to the fun stuff that was the celebration of Noah turning two.  For his second birthday we embarked on the idea of a dinosaur theme.  I thought it was a really cute idea and he really seemed to be getting interested in them since PBS' Dinosaur Train came out.  We sent out the invitations and got a big response!  We knew that it was going to be a blast.  Originally we were going to have the party in our backyard, but with the fear of rain I thought it might be better to find a park with a picnic shelter.  Find one I did!  I found this little treasure trove of a park in the town next to us.  It has a little playground that was perfect for the toddlers and a larger playground for the bigger kids.  In addition we packed up our sand/water table and took it to the park.  I thought it would be fun for the kids to dig for little dinosaurs that I picked up in the party favor aisle at the party store.  This was by far the favorite activity of all the kids.  We also sent each child home with goodie pails.  It was a beach pail filled with one plastic egg which contained a dinosaur that grows in water, some fruit snacks, and playdoh.
As for the food we made dinosaur sandwiches using a sandwich cutter that I found at the grocery store which were primarily for the kids.  We also had barbeque beef, chips, and veggies.  I made both cupcakes and a cake for the party and Mike helped me to decorate them.  We have done this for the past couple of birthday parties for our kids and it is a lot of work, but I really enjoy the final product.  I really love the taste of homemade cake.
     Noah also had a blast opening his presents.  He wanted to play with each one and had to be prodded along to open the rest of the presents.  Overall it was a huge success and everyone had a blast.
Below are some of the pictures from the event including his invitation and thank you cards. 

The invitation
Digging for Dinosaurs
Fun at the Playground
The Birthday Boy and his Cake
Present Time!
Thank You!

No comments:

Post a Comment