Monday, October 18, 2010

Fashion Show

   So this past weekend was not all together too exciting, but on Saturday we did participate in a fashion show.  First a little bit of history of how we became a part of the show.  It all started back in June when I was bound and determined to get a cute little homemade tutu for my niece's first birthday.  I had checked out this shop that I found in one of the local parenting magazines and thought it would be the perfect place to get one.  They were adorable and affordable.  Anyway the name of the shop is Shop Baby Kisses (click to visit their site) and they have all the cute little onesies, bows, headbands, tutus, etc. that you could ever want for your little one (side note--it's too bad I found this after my two were beyond the baby stage, I so would have bought out the store).  Moving to more current times...  So I found them on facebook and started following them getting constant updates of all the cute things they have just gotten in stock.  One day the owner posted a help wanted ad for models for a fashion show.  My first thought was Mikayla would have so much fun getting all dressed up in a tutu and walking down the runway.  What I did not realize when I signed her up was that I would also be walking the runway.  I found this out at the fitting where it was also decided that Noah would participate in the fashion show sporting some baby legs and a much desired pillow pet (shhh!  it's a secret, but I'm pretty sure Santa will be bringing one of these for both the kids).   The day of the show was spent waiting for our turn to walk down the runway.  I wasn't sure how long the kids would hold out for so we packed the bag with activities for them to occupy their time.  We were very lucky in that we were the first group for the fashion show.  We made it down the runway and just about halfway back before Noah started throwing a fit (he thought we were going to see the big giant aka the ape outside of Zonkers).  Luckily enough I was able to get him off stage and back to a happy place by reminding him of the much earned M&M cookie.  The pics are from back stage so they are not the greatest.  And you can definitely tell by the video that we are amateurs at this.  It was still fun and cute to see all the little kids in the outfits.




No comments:

Post a Comment