Friday, October 22, 2010

A Spooky Little Craft

     Oh how I love finding new blogs to read and follow.  Lately they have been all things crafty.  One that I regularly read, Today's Creative Blog, featured the Two Crafty Sisters.  Check them both out.  I promise you can spend at least a good half day just oohing and aahing over just their most recent posts.  As soon as I saw the Halloween Village blog from the Crafty Sisters I knew that was something I wanted to make myself (on a much smaller scale--like one).  So here's a brief step-by-step of how I made the halloween haunted house.

1.  I gathered the supplies.  I wanted a slightly larger house so I found a barn (that came with a stuffed pig) to use as the house for $5 at Michaels.  I also bought the K&C pop-up Halloween Photo Frame ($3) to use as decoration.  For the paint I bought just a simple black ($1.20). I used a foam paint brush for painting.  To glue the pieces on I used rubber cement.

2.  I painted the house.  I ended up doing a little touch-up after the first coat, but for the most part one coat worked just fine.

3.  Then I removed decorations from the photo frame, trying to keep the foam intact.  I thought it would give it more of a 3-D look once applied.

4.  Some of the stickiness came off of the decorations in the process of removing them, so I just applied a little rubber cement prior to applying them to the house.

So there you have it.  A cute, fun, easy craft for under $10.  Love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment