Monday, February 14, 2011

Snowmen Ornaments

     Over the holidays I did a little craft with the daycare kids to give to their parents as presents.  As a parent I always love seeing all the little crafts that come home from school, especially the ones made with hand and footprints.  I found this cute little snowman ornament here and thought it was a great idea.  I purchased the bulbs from Target and used a simple white craft to paint each of the children's hands to create the snowmen.  Using a fine tip Sharpie in different colors I added the hat, eyes, nose, buttons, and scarves.  I added some holiday twine so they could be hung and used as actual ornaments.  I think they turned out really cute.  Also I included the little hands poem which was part of the tutorial with it.  I printed the poem out for each child and cut it out to put it on red cardstock giving it a more festive background.  When all was complete I wrapped the ornament up in tissue paper, placed it in a cute little takeout box that I found at Michaels, and put the poem on top.


No comments:

Post a Comment