Monday, April 4, 2011

Cars...What Cars???

     Right about now I should be crowned the worst mom.  Let me explain how I feel I deserve such a title.  This past week we took the kids to pick out a few items as well as the Tangled movie that we had pre-ordered.  Well while we were there we thought we would gauge interest in what Noah might like for his birthday.  He settled on a Lightening McQueen car set with his trailer.  I thought I could be sneaky enough to pay for it without having him see me buy it.  So I sent Mike away with him while I was paying, but midway through paying he came back over.  I quickly shooed him away, but I'm guessing it was too late.  When we got home Noah began asking for his Lightening McQueen car.  Me still thinking he had not seen it tried to play it off and ask "what Lightening McQueen car?"  He continued to try and explain it to us and Mike and Mikayla kept trying to convince him that it was one of the cars in his room.  I felt completely bad for him.  He knew what he had seen and here we were trying to convince him that he did not see it.  I so badly wanted to break it out and give it to him, but instead I just tried to move on from the topic.  Alas we went to bed and the next morning he had forgotten all about it.  Now when his birthday comes around I can already hear him saying "I told you.  It's my Lightening McQueen car."

No comments:

Post a Comment