Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Mom of four...

    Let me think about this.   Um, maybe... I mean like some day.  I love the space between Noah and Mikayla and any closer I think I would drive myself crazy.  What even brought this thought into my head is that I had my niece and nephew for the weekend, which makes me the "mom" of four {at least for the weekend}.  I mean I care for kids every day throughout the week and four would be a slow day for me, but I also know that there is a schedule and at the end of the day I can sit back and relax with just my two kids.  Whole weekend = no break or end of the day.  Really, not complaining just pointing out the difference.  But alas things went pretty smoothly and the kids had a lot of fun playing with together.  We started the weekend of with a soccer game for my nephew on Saturday morning.  I had forgotten how into the games I get even though it is not my child out there playing.  After the game we did a little grocery shopping and then headed back home for lunch.  In the afternoon while my niece and Noah took a nap, my nephew and Mikayla played out back in the water.  Then we just took it easy for the rest of the afternoon before making cookies, dinner, and movie night.
     On Sunday we took our time getting up and ready before heading off to church.  I was a bit hesitant because Mike was staying at home to work on homework, but it all worked out fine.  Mikayla and my nephew went to class and the two littles went to service with me.  After the service we grabbed lunch and headed to the park for a picnic and some play time.  When we came back home I made the kids some ice cream sandwiches and they spent the rest of the afternoon outside.  I love this weather {could do without the wind though}!

No comments:

Post a Comment