Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Days Seven and Eight of Our Vacation

     Let's just say that day seven was a bust.  I had it all planned in my head from the day I heard about the release of Cars 2 that we would spend one day of our vacation watching the movie.  So we went to the movie theater with high hopes and Noah all pumped to see Cars.  Uh, yea, not so much.  Not sure what exactly happened, but the lady who was selling tickets said that the movie hadn't been sent to them yet but they would have it later in the day.  They offered us the opportunity to go see a different movie for free instead and since we wanted to let the kids swim some more at my mom's house we took them up on the offer.  So no Cars 2, but we did get to see Mr. Popper's Penguins.  The kids weren't too excited about it, but all was better when daddy bought them some candy.  The movie itself was okay, just not good enough to hold the kids' attention spans.  After the movie we stopped to have lunch at a local chain called Hurricanes.  The food is yummy.  Then we headed back to my mom's house and let the kids swim before a storm came in.  Did I mention our vacation to Florida was during their rainy season, but they were in a drought?  Yay for us, we missed out on the daily afternoon showers and rain was only in the forecast for the last two days of our trip.  I kept thinking we for sure would have a washout of a vacation.  But the sun gods were shining {warmly} down upon us.
     Day eight pretty much was spent with us driving back to Orlando to catch our flight.  We did manage to get a few {blurry} pictures of the kids with some of the statues at the airport.  
     Finally I have finished chronically our trip to Florida.  Maybe now I can get back to posting some other things...If I can find that crafty feeling, maybe there will be one of those soon. 
She was showing us how she practiced going under the water.

Getting ready to shoot the water at daddy.

A little timid about jumping in, but she finally did it.

Did I mention that he is a daredevil?  No fear what. so. ever.

He loved swimming with the noodle by himself.


No comments:

Post a Comment