Thursday, July 28, 2011

Things They Say Thursday--July 28

     Since I started doing an in-home daycare I have done a circle time.  It has kind of morphed over the past few years, but we always do one.  Mikayla has been home with us every day since coming back from vacation, and man has she been watching what I have been doing.  A few times now she has led circle time without me.  The last time being a few days ago where she got all the circle time stuff out, picked a helper, did the date and weather, went through flashcards {even creating sentences for the sight words}, and sang songs giving each child a choice of what they wanted to sing.  I was in such awe that I just sat back and smiled as she led circle time.  She loves to pretend that she is a teacher, and maybe one day she will be...if she ever moves past only wanting to be a mom when she gets older. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment