Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Girl's Night In

     Over Labor Day weekend we had a family get together out at my aunt's house.  Mikayla had this grand idea to have a Girl's Night with my brother's fiancee.  All I could gather over the fire and about ten other conversations going on was that we were going to have a Girl's Night In and watch the movie Tangled.  It took me a few weeks, but I finally got it all planned out complete with the requested food:  pizza, candy, and cookies.  Since Mikayla is going to be a flower girl in the wedding we decided we would try and find a dress before coming back to the house to watch the movie.  We succeeded in finding a dress and ordered pizza before coming home.  As luck would have it {or Mike} we got a flat tire just a few miles away from home.  We ended up calling Mike and my brother and left them with the car while we came back home to finish off the evening.  Since Mike was taking care of the car we ended up having to take Noah with us which did not make Mikayla happy.  But in the end the kids had a good night, loaded up on lots of food, and even got to watch a movie.  Maybe next time it will be a true Girl's Night and it will go much smoother.
Mikayla on the carousel at the mall after we found her dress.

My niece.

No comments:

Post a Comment