Thursday, October 20, 2011

Things They Say Thursday--October 20th

     I will admit that I am horrible about teaching and encouraging my kids about prayer.  We are making an effort and they are learning just from the act of going to church.  But before Mike and I even officially decided that we wanted to have another child, we first asked Mikayla and Noah.  We were pretty sure of what their response would be, but we thought it would only be fair to actually ask.  They both responded enthusiastically "yes", which was immediately followed by "I want a baby brother" (Noah) and "I want a baby sister" (Mikayla).  In one of our attempts to teach them things that they should pray for we used the example of praying for a baby.  Noah took to it immediately and any time you would ask him if he was saying his prayers he would gleefully say "Please Lord may I have a baby brother."  After we lost this baby and we were explaining why mommy was sad sometimes we had told them that we were going to try for another baby and Noah goes right into saying "Please Lord may I have a baby brother."  Mikayla on the other hand says, "Please Lord may I have a baby brother AND baby sister."  As much as I would love to see their prayers granted, if the Lord would be so gracious I think I will take only one {at a time}, thank you very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment