Wednesday, October 12, 2011

It's a Tradition

     In September we went to Old Settler's Days.  It is our local carnival and every year as a kid my mom would load us up and take us to the parade followed by an afternoon at the fair, so I have started the same tradition with my kids.  The parade was Saturday morning and Mike took Noah to his sports clinic and I took Mikayla and her friend to the parade.  The girls and I got to the parade early enough to get some pretty good seats.  We stopped to get donuts, I had them bring some books, and I brought bubbles to entertain them until the start of the parade.  I enjoy seeing all the different groups that participate in the parade, but the kids were more interested in the candy.  Usually we are the ones getting left out of the candy {which I don't mind}, but this time the girls were getting a lot and I had them share with the kids next to us.  The parade was really long and Mikayla was getting antsy, so we left before the end.  Mike had met us there in the middle of the parade to take the neighbor girl home, so it was just me and the kids as we headed to the fair.  I bought the kids some tickets so they could go on five rides each, well they got to go on exactly two {technically Mikayla went on three}.  You see I put their tickets {safely} in my purse, but when we went from one ride to the next right across the street, all I could find was a single ticket which allowed Mikayla to go on one last ride.  Noah and I went back to look for them, but they were long gone.  The kids took it surprisingly well and we finished up the afternoon looking at crafts, a little face painting, and a yummy funnel cake.  It was a good day filled with lots of fun.







No comments:

Post a Comment