Wednesday, January 25, 2012

A Little Bit of Sadness

     Our neighbors moved recently.  It breaks my heart because I feel as though they were more than just neighbors.  When they moved in, I was so excited, finally a family with kids around my kids' age.  I quickly introduced myself and kids.  It didn't take long before there were playdates and barbeques.  We did birthday parties, sleepovers, and even a potty party.  Mikayla very quickly became best friends with the older girl and Noah wanted to take every opportunity to go over and play at their house.  So it saddens me that they will no longer be just across the street.  I'm not sure that kids are fully aware of what has happened.  They said their good-byes, and Mikayla even gave away a beloved toy.  But I don't think they will be completely aware until they want to go and play over at their house.  It may even take the first morning at the bus stop for Mikayla to realize that her friend will no longer be there.  All is not lost, they have our number and we have already planned to let the girls Skype.  Mike and I have also talked about possibly taking a trip out there to visit.  I have always wanted to go to Colorado...  Now we are just hoping that the house is filled with a family just as great as theirs.  Fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment