Monday, January 30, 2012

Conversationalists

     I had a moment of realization the other day.  Noah from a very early age has been very good with words.  But the other day he kind of caught me off guard.  Each day he comes home from school I greet him with a hug and ask him how his day was.  Normally he gives a quick response of good and goes on to find some toy to play with.  But one day last week after I asked him how his day was, he asked me how my day was with the daycare kids.  I was not quite expecting the question so I paused and then responded that it was good and told him a few of the things that we did during the day.  I don't know why it caught me so off guard, but it just seemed so mature.  Then the other day I had the opportunity to pick him up from school and was asking him about his day when he stopped and asked if I had a good day.  His ability to carry on a conversation and more importantly to think of me just made me realize of how much he is growing up.
     Mikayla can be quite the conversationalist too.  Actually, hers tends to be a little more one sided as the girl loves to talk.  But I realized this week too that she is maturing.  Since her friend moved to Colorado she has jumped at the opportunity to talk to her on the phone.  She grabs the phone and is quick to search for the number to dial.  If we would let her, she would happily talk into the night.  Over the weekend she was so excited when they were able to Skype.  I can already see the coversations we will have with her as a tween about her phone time.  For now I would love it if some one could find a way to slow these two from growing up so fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment