Monday, April 23, 2012

And in the Quiet

     I had the house to myself {and my dog} for THREE WHOLE DAYS!  Okay, so reality is that I still had to work on Friday, but other than that it was just me and the quietness of the house.  Kinda strange.  At first I thought I might be bored, but that was soon overcome with a flood of ideas of what I could do.  Truth is, I am not sure I have ever had a house to myself.  I went from living with my parents to living with Mike.  So this is definitely a change of pace.  Perhaps I should back up just a bit and explain how I came about this peacefulness.  With Mikayla out of school on Friday and no soccer game this weekend I thought it would be an ideal time for Mike to visit his family.  The kids were definitely sold on the idea.  Fridays are my busiest day with the daycare, so I opted not to take the day off.  In addition I signed up for a class on Saturday, so even if I could have closed I still had the class to deal with.  I would love to say that I truly indulged myself this weekend, but I did not.  Most of the weekend was spent doing normal household things.  I did go to a movie {by myself} on Saturday.  But overall, it was just nice to have a weekend to myself.  Some time to do things according to my needs and my schedule.  But now we are back to reality, and I am okay with that.  After all I did miss all of Noah's cuddles and giggles, and Mikayla's "like me" helpfulness. 

No comments:

Post a Comment