Saturday, August 6, 2011

Schlitterbahn

     Over the weekend we went to Schlitterbahn.  Maybe it's because I have a love affair with amusement parks, or at least something like that, but it just seemed strange that not everyone knows what this place is about.  It's supposed to be one of the greatest waterparks around.  I mean doesn't everyone watch those shows about the greatest amusement parks???  Yes, I realize now that it is probably just me.  But ever since watching one of those shows (it's been so long, I don't remember what they are called) I have wanted to visit Schlitterbahn.  When they announced that we were getting one here I was overly excited.  One day I still would like to go to one of the parks in Texas {which is where they got started} but I still really wanted to try the one here out too.  I kept going back and forth on whether this should be somewhere I take the kids or if it should be just Mike and me.  But after looking at their website and seeing the height requirements I decided we should all go.  You see there, Mikayla can ride on everything by herself and Noah just needed to ride with us.  They got to enjoy the WHOLE waterpark.  Mikayla loved the water rollercoaster and Noah really enjoyed the slides.  But both would have been just as happy splashing in the pool.  We had a ton of fun and were completely wiped out by the end of the day.  Hopefully we will make it back there once they have opened the entire park.

Trying to get a picture before going on the slides. 
{Sorry no slide pics, we were having too much fun}

Not sure what a train has to do with the waterpark, but the kids enjoyed it.

Have to try out all the seats.

She really loves to pose for the camera.


A final picture prior to leaving.  {We look really small here}

No comments:

Post a Comment