Tuesday, August 23, 2011

30.

     So recently I turned the big 3-0.  Really not such a big deal in my book.  I know a lot of people who fret or panic when it comes to turning this age, but I just took it in stride like any other birthday.  There was one exception, I wanted to do something special for my birthday.  A few weeks ago I told Mike that I wanted to have a party, but that I didn't necessarily want to plan it.  Well as the weekend approached I was not completely convinced that Mike had planned a party, but he was definitely acting a little strange.  Especially when I decided that I wanted to go to Worlds of Fun on my birthday.  I wanted to do something a little adventurous for the big day and they have this rip-cord ride that I have done before, but had this great desire to do again.  So he was trying to convince me that he had all these things he needed to do and didn't have the time to be out all day.  I said, "well I gave the kids the option of that or the pool and that is what they decided.  What time do you want to be back by?"  His response was simply 3:30.  So now I am really cueing into there something is going on.  We decided to go against the greater plan of Worlds of Fun and instead headed to the pool for a few hours.  The kids had a lot of fun, but Noah was freezing by the end {and extremely exhausted}.  On the way home we stopped and got my present in a little box {an ipod shuffle}.  Then I did what any 30 year old would do on their birthday, I took a nap.  By the time I woke up Mike had taken the kids to the neighbors and had said they invited us over for dinner.  As we walked over I could here Mikayla shouting from the window and the neighbor girl saying "their coming, their coming."  It was not as big as a surprise as they anticipated, but it sure was a good time just being with friends. 

No comments:

Post a Comment