Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Creating Memories...

    Recently I have been thinking a lot about the legacy I will be leaving for my children and what memories and traditions they will remember when they are grown.  Some of my memories I have of my own childhood are baking with my mom, Christmas with my extended family, and an annual trip to go look at Christmas lights.  Over the weekend I decided I would carry on the tradition of taking the kids to look at Christmas lights.  We are lucky enough to have a great display just down the street called Christmas Card Lane.  But before we went to see those, we made a quick stop to drive down Jingle Bell Drive at our local mall.  It is a light display set up in the parking lot that you drive through listening to Christmas music.  Once through there we made our way to Christmas Card Lane.  Mikayla really enjoyed reading all the Christmas cards on the lawns and telling me all the different ways I should turn.  Noah had fallen asleep before we got to Christmas Card Lane, but before that each light set he would see he would say "that's interesting."  He was sure to emphasize each syllable of the word which had me smiling.  On the way home we made a quick pass by a local home that has a walk-through display of Christmas inflatables.  We ended the evening with all of us watching a movie in Mike and I's bed in our pjs.  It was a great nightcap cuddling with my little ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment