Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Single Parenting

     Well {sort of}, at least for two nights a week for the next fifteen weeks.  I have always had complete respect for single mothers, but now I also have a complete understanding.  Mike has classes two nights a week which just leaves the evenings to me and the kids.  One night each week I have to hurry up out the door and go pick up Noah.  The past few weeks we have been going to the library, which the kids love having free choice in the books they choose.  We also have showers, homework, and dinner to get done all before bed.  It is a lot of work, but it makes me appreciate the nights that he is home so much more.  And though it may sound strange, but I find myself more on task on the nights that Mike is not here.  I think I have a better grasp for when and how things get done and can keep the kids on track, and sometimes he can be a bit of a distraction {for both me and the kids}.  For the next few months I will be keeping the kids busy with the hopes that they don't miss too much the time they don't get to spend with dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment