Friday, June 10, 2011

Nascar, baby!!!

     It wasn't the Sprint/Nextel Cup, but Mike and I did take advantage of the opportunity to watch the Nascar trucks out at the Kansas Speedway.  I used to be really good at following Nascar {even have been to Talladega and California Speedway}, but it seems like recently there is too much going on to keep up with it.  And even though it was only the trucks, I still got the same rush at the beginning of the race.  One thing I did miss was the "boogity, boogity, boogity, let's go racing."  There is something about that line that just solidifies it as Nascar.  Anyway, it was a good race and one of the locals {Clint Bowyer} won.   If I had a bucket list, I would say that I can cross one item off. 




These are the Army Hummers that they used during the driver introductions.
Not sure if it was actually the drivers or just representatives that were taken around the track.

Soldiers coming out for the pre-race ceremonies.

The trucks lined up pre-race.

Just before they crossed the finish line.

A little victory spin.

No comments:

Post a Comment