Thursday, June 2, 2011

Things They Say Thursday--June 2

     It has been a while since I have posted one of these, so here goes...  Instead of the traditional, this one is more a Things They Do.  While in Minnesota my mother-in-law had this great idea to take all the kids out to this Kids' Outdoor Adventure thing.  There were different activities for the kids to do, such as paintball, slingshot, trying on scuba gear, looking at animal furs, I think you get the picture.  When we get there it was nice outside with a cool little breeze.  We made it through the first four exhibits before it started to pour.  Thankfully each exhibit was covered by tents and we were able to stop at one of the larger ones to take cover.  When the rain had stopped we walked to the next one and just before we got to it, it started to pour again.  So we once again took shelter, this time for much longer.  By this time the kids were wet and ready to go.  I was holding onto Noah trying to entertain in any way I could.  The lady gave him a sucker {which lasted two minutes before he dropped it}.  I started singing songs to him, and as I was singing he started giving me kisses.  First on the lips, then on the forhead, and ears, and eyebrows.  Very, very sweet, but also a little strange.  Well, it helped pass the time and we moved again between showers.  Finally the rain let up and we were able to make it all the way to the car {while getting our shoes completely soaked}.  Oh, and of course the weather seemed to clear up just after we left.  When we got back to my brother-in-laws we turned on the t.v. and saw that there were tornadoes just in the area near where we were.  Really glad we left when we did.

No comments:

Post a Comment