Thursday, June 23, 2011

Things They Say Thursday--June 23

     Here's a little convo. that Noah and I had one night when I was trying to convince him he did not have to take a bath.  Yes, I said he did not have to take a bath.  You see normally we do bath night every night, especially during the summer to get off all the sunscreen, but this night we were at a friend's house and ate dinner late pushing back the rest of the evening routine.  On to the convo.:

Noah:  I'm stinky, I need to take a bath.
Me:  I think tonight we are just going to get PJs on, read a book, and go to sleep.
Noah:  I'm stinky.  I have toe jam, so I'm stinky.
Me:  Really?  Well, I think we are still going to skip the bath tonight.  If you want, in the morning you can take a bath.
Noah:  I want a bath!!!  I don't want to go to bed!!!  {both said screaming and between tears}
Me:  I'm sorry, but that is just the way it is for tonight.  {he proceeds to head upstairs to go potty and get his pjs on} 

     I just love a conversation that involves the logic of a three year old {especially when I use the same logic to get him to do the same thing}.  Man, they really do pick up on these things.

No comments:

Post a Comment