Thursday, June 9, 2011

Things They Say Thursday--June 9

     It's quite normal for little girls to dream and talk about their wedding day and who they will marry, but a little less common for boys.  We were watching something on t.v. where there was a wedding and it sparked a conversation about who Noah was going to marry.  It went like this:

Noah:  Mom, I'm going to marry Eli.
Me:  Oh, well that may be okay, but typically boys marry girls who are not related to them.
Noah:  Then I will marry Mikayla.
Me:  Sorry, but that won't work.  Mikayla is your sister which means she is related to you.
Noah:  Oh, okay, then I will marry Ava.
Me:  You can't marry her either.  Ava is your cousin.
Noah:  Fine, then I will marry Rikai.
Me:  {enter sigh of relief}  That would be fine.  But you don't have to decide now, you have plenty of time to find some one you want to marry.

I'm sure this won't be the las time we have a talk similar to this, but it was just so cute the way the exchange went back and forth.  There seemed to be a little sadness with each one that I said he could not marry, but in the end he walked away as happy as could be.

No comments:

Post a Comment