Sunday, February 7, 2010

Great day for baking and the Super Bowl

      Okay so we are again expecting another snow storm tonight.  So I took the opportunity today to do a little baking.  Every year around Valentine's Day I always like to have red velvet cake.  Normally I would take the easy way out and just buy it at the store or last year I bought a cake mix.  This year I wanted to make it from scratch and found a simple, delicious red velvet cupcake recipe here

      Now for more baking.  I had a can of pumpkin left over from the holidays and thought I would try making some pumpkin muffins.  I found a recipe here and they smell great, but we will have to wait until tomorrow to see how they taste.  I am hopeful though. :)

     Now onto the fun stuff.  Any one who knows me, knows that I love to watch football.  What bigger game could there be than the Super Bowl.  Yes, that's right I will be watching the game tonight and not just for the commericials.  This year there are actually two teams who deserve to be in the game.  And as most people do, even though neither of my teams are playing, I have a picked one to win the game.  And the winner is ....The Indianapolis Colts.  I am aware that New Orleans has a great team and that they are the fan heartfelt favorite, but Peyton Manning was my fantasy quarterback and Joseph Addai my running back.  I feel a certain loyalty there and plus I think the Colts have what it takes to win the game.  We'll see.  My next post will probably include some mention of the game and it's commercials.

No comments:

Post a Comment