Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Valentine's Day Weekend

     We decided that we would take it easy this weekend instead of stressing over Valentine's stuff.  On Saturday morning the kids had their swimming lessons.  We decided to try out the swimming lessons the KU offers.  I was excited since it is the first time I have been able to get Noah involved in any activities.  I was sad when he had to miss his last week's lesson due to a fever.  His class is both good and bad in that it is just us and one other little boy and his mom.  It allows us more freedom in the pool, but I have to admit that I was hoping for a slightly larger class.  Mikayla's class is small too, but I like that so that she can get more personal attention.  After swimming we came back home and relaxed for the rest of the day.
     Sunday started off pretty much the same way that Saturday ended.  We ended up lounging around most of the day.  Mikayla spent a good part of the morning decorating her "diary" that came as part of the book set she got for Valentine's Day.  Noah enjoyed finding toys to bring into a tunnel playset that we have.  After naps we set out to find Noah some spring/summer clothes and new shoes.  He is growing so much that clothes I originally bought for next fall he is wearing now. 
     Since Mikayla has a Parent's Night Out at her gymnastics on Friday, Mike and I thought we should wait until then to celebrate Valentine's Day.  Although he could not wait and gave me flowers earlier in the week, a card and gift the day of.  We are thinking of possibly dinner and a movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment