Thursday, February 18, 2010

What is that thing in the sky? Oh yes, I remember it's the sun.

     Okay so I know I keep talking about the weather, but when we have had a winter like this there is not much else to talk about.  Today the weather was on the upside.  We finally saw the sun...and gasp, I was even able to take the kids outside.  Yep, that's right it was in the 40s and the snow from over a week ago was melted enough that I was able to take the daycare kids outside.  I knew they needed the outside time, but sometimes I think I need it even more just to have the change of venue.  And it could go without saying, but the kids really enjoyed the time outside and were sad when we had to come back inside.  To say the least, we can hardly wait for Spring!
     Tonight we had a "Transition to Kindergarten" event at Mikayla's elementary school.  It gave us our first look at the school and Mikayla a little taste of what Kindergarten will be like.  Next month we will do Kindergarten Roundup and put in for full-day kindergarten and rank our school preferences.  After that she will be pretty much all set to go to school next year.  It is still hard to believe she will be going to school in the fall, but I think we are all ready for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment