Wednesday, February 22, 2012

She's Crafty

    Really she is, me not so much.  But for Valentine's Day I did do a bit of crafting.  I couldn't resist the title She's Crafy though. "She's Crafty" is a Canadian craft show {we don't have cable} that I tend to watch on late night t.v. Wendy Russell is all about making the crafts easy and fun.  I have recently been introduced to Pinterest, and LOVE it.  I used to spend time perusing crafty websites to find something that interested me, but now it seems as though they come to me.  There are not only crafty things, but quotes, design things, and food.  Oooh, the food.  Yumm...  Back to the crafty part.  I had been wanting to do some decorations for Valentine's day and got my start thanks in big part to some great Michael's coupons.  The first project that I tackled was a wreath.  I don't really have a tutorial for it, but it was fun and easy to make.  It is still missing something, so I might add some ribbon or more hearts. 



     I also made a sweetheart topiary.  It turned out pretty neat.  But to display it next year I will need to buy a better piece of foam for support, and maybe some more hearts just for aesthetics.

Topiary idea from tinyprints.


     I made Mikayla a Valentine shirt.  I simply painted over a paper heart doily onto one of her t-shirts with fabric paint.  I took the advice from the MADE website and heat set it too prior to washing it.

Idea came from here and here.

She doesn't look thrilled here, but she really does like the shirt.
     We even made valentines.   Butterflies for Mikayla and superheroes for Noah.
Butterfly template can be found at skip to my lou


These can be found at Little Bit Funky



No comments:

Post a Comment