Friday, November 25, 2011

Honey Bunches of Marshmallow Yumminess

     As it turns out I have a specialty, well at least in terms of family gatherings.  It really started as a kid making Rice Krispy Treats with my mom.  They were always my favorite and when I got older I started experimenting with other types of cereal {i.e., Fruity Pebbles, Frosted Flakes}.  Well a few years ago my my mom sent me a recipe magazine with a recipe called Chocolate Dipped Snowballs made with Honey Bunches of Oats, marshmallows, and chocolate.    I quickly made a batch and took them to Minnesota with us for the holidays.  Since then my mother-in-law has asked for the recipe and my sister-in-law requested them for this year.  My side of the family usually requests them too, so I am proclaiming these simple things my specialty. 

Chocolate Dipped Snowballs
1/4 cup of butter {1/2 stick}
1 bag of marshmallows {10.5 oz.}
5 cups of Honey Bunches of Oats {I like the honey, but I have heard the almond is also good}
Chocolate Dipping Sauce
  1. Melt butter in large pan on low-medium heat.
  2. Add in marshmallows.  Stir occasionally until all the marshmallows have melted.
  3. Stir in cereal.  Allow to cool for a few minutes.
  4. Using your hands shape the mixture into balls. {I like to coat my hands with butter or cooking spray.}
  5. Place on wax paper.  Allow to cool completely.
  6. Heat dipping sauce according to directions on package.  Once melted, dip each ball into the chocolate and return dipped side up to the wax paper.
  7. Refrigerate for 15 minutes to allow the chocolate to harden.
Pic from honeybunchesofoats.com

No comments:

Post a Comment