Thursday, November 10, 2011

Things They Say Thursday--November 10th

     The other day Mikayla and I were playing with the dog when she stopped to ask a question.  Her initial question was whether or not our dog would ever be a mom.  I simply said that it was not possible.  Then she went on to ask:  "do dogs lay eggs like chickens."  Ahem.  I could already tell where this conversation was going.  I informed her that dogs have the puppies in their bellies much like women carry their babies in their bellies.  And then came the part of how they grow and how the mom dogs have the puppies.  Even though we have talked about this in terms of women, I still am not ready to give the full downlow of what goes on, so I still left it at that they just come out of their bellies when the time is right.  I kind of mildly dread the day when she asks more questions.  I want her to know all this stuff, but for now can't I just live my own little world where she never grows up? 

No comments:

Post a Comment