Monday, November 7, 2011

Slime

     On Halloween I held a little party for the daycare kids complete with a spooky snack and some gooey fun.  I know it is late, but I wanted to share the slime that we made {it really is good any time of year}.  I got the idea from the Sid the Science Kid show.  It is really easy to make and the kids had a lot of fun playing with it.

Ingredients:
1 C. Flour
1 C. Corn Starch
1 C. Water
Touch of paint (we used green)

     All you have to do is mix all the ingredients together.  I started off by mixing the cornstarch with the water until it was all dissolved.  Then I slowly added in the flour so that the mixture would not be too thick.  I added the paint just before I thought we had enough flour.  And voila you have some slime.





     The greatest part of this slime {besides being homemade} is that it is a solid on a surface but gooey in your hands.  It made clean up super easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment